[C320-list] Anchor & chain size?

Jeffrey Hare catalina at thehares.com
Tue Sep 12 09:39:25 PDT 2006

Hello,

  I captured the essence of the comments regarding the testing of the Rocna
anchor and posed these questions to the inventor.   It's possible that the
video editor omitted things that were filmed and should have been shown.

I also mentioned that possibly a danforth might set faster and hold better
in those dry-sand tests than any of the anchors in the test, yet in a real
sandy seabed, the results might be very different.

I also asked about grassy and gravel bottom sets, given that most of us are
not lucky enough to sail in waters where we can actually see the bottom to
pick that one sandy gravel patch in a field of weeds.

If he responds, I'll share his response.

-Jeff H.