[C320-list] fresh water leak

Jeffrey Hare catalina at thehares.com
Sun Sep 17 13:00:58 PDT 2006

Hi Guys,

The water system on the 320 (as you know) is connected with plastic tubing fitted into Whale fittings.

Very first thing to check is that you have an empty 1 liter soda bottle catching the overflow line from the hot water heater.  This is meant to overflow from heat expansion if you turn the water heater on or motor some.

If your overflow catcher isn't the issue, then likely, one or more of the plumbing tubes isn't pushed firmly enough into the whale fittings.  All you need to do here is grab the tubing and press it into the fitting very firmly.  Doesn't hurt to go around and do all of them you can reach (and most of them are under the sink where the hot and cold water distributions collect, with another bunch near the water pump in the aft cabin.

Also!! Don't forget the stern shower hot/cold lines.  If you regularly toss things into the port aft locker, those lines are easy to knock loose and should be visible by just opening the locker.

-Jeff Hare
Woodbine II #809