[C320-list] fresh water leak

Bill Culbertson billculb_a2 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 14:19:40 PDT 2006

Quentin,
That's a good point.  The water is under pressure since that is the whole point of a relief valve.  So it should be capable of getting itself outside the boat if so rigged without needing gravity's help.  I like and use the bottle approach myself.  It's really no trouble even though it reads like it might be.  But if someone wanted to drill a hole, I agree with you that they should locate it above the waterline.  Or maybe run a line and tee it into the cockpit scupper drain (newer boats)

 -bill