[C320-list] GPS Antenna Installation

domace domace at picknowl.com.au
Sat Sep 23 23:55:53 PDT 2006

Quentin

My advice is - don't.  It is better to mount the GPS antenna near the centre
of the boat to reduce motion of the GPS antenna.  (Helps the receiver by
reducing the doppler that it has to track.) )  Actually, you will find that
the GPS receiver works with the antenna in the saloon under the roof but
reduces the already weak GPS signal, by how much I don't know.  Or mount the
antenna on the pedestal to make life easier for yourself.

Owen
Baloo, #727, Adelaide, Australia.