[C320-list] Mystic Fall Regatta

Peter Clancy SAILORPETE at msn.com
Mon Sep 25 08:09:20 PDT 2006

Mike ...... Congratulations on your win! We've also found that our C320 performs well in 18-25 knot wind conditions with a single-reefed main and partially-reefed 135. It will try to head up in stronger gusts but this is controlled by quickly easing the mainsheet. In our experience, the biggest challenge is building and maintaining speed in light wind conditions, say 4-10 knots. In this range, it's tough to keep up with lighter boats in our class. It would be useful to hear from yourself and other C320 racers about any successful techniques employed to optimize boat speed in light air.

Peter Clancy
AROBAN  C320  #222
Miami, FL