[C320-list] Refrig Renew

Chris Block cblock at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 5 05:14:15 PDT 2007

Greetings All...

I'm planning on doing a recharge on my refridge this weekend.  It seems the compressor is not turning on, hence the Admiral's beers are not cold.  It's a 94 Adler Barbour.

What material do I need?
Tools?  Guages?  ending pressure?  recharge with it on or off, plugged in or not?  check any voltage/current at the unit?
Will I need to convert from one refrigerant to another?
Assuming there is no large leak, can I just recharge and make it through another summer?

On a different note, while at the dock, is there a way to convert the fridge to run on shore power when its available, and turn off when its not?  I will still want to use it on battery when away from shore power.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris
Amore #139