[C320-list] FW: Packing

Karl Mielenhausen _/) kmielen at iwon.com
Sat Apr 7 11:00:22 PDT 2007

Don,

Up until April 2002, the Catalina drawing called for 3 rings of 3/16" packing. The new drawing (April 2002) shows 2 rings of 1/4" packing. It appears to be the same packing gland assembly however.

I just replaced my packing with 2 rings of 1/4" Gore GFO and it works fine.

PS. I see that several vendors (including WM at about twice everyone else's price) are now carrying a similiar material - Graphtex Ultra GTU Shaft Packing.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=4912&familyName=Graphtex+Ultra+GTU+Shaft+Packing

Karl Mielenhausen

2000 C320 Hull#690 "Silver Lining"

New Bern, NC