[C320-list] Aqua Lift Muffler

Arthur Gates argates2nd at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 27 06:32:22 PDT 2007

Has anyone had a local fiberglass fabricator re-build the aqua lift muffler
-- as an alternative to returning it to Catalina for making a new one?
If so, result and approx. cost?

If I remove the muffler, what do I look for that would tell me it needs
attention?

The forward flange cracked a year ago but I was able to fix that with mixed
epoxy.  I am putting on a new hose from the engine to the muffler, thinking
that the old one was too stiff after 12 years and was sending big
vibrations to the flange, but the new one is also stiff?

Rollie   #182   		(440 hrs on engine and muffler after 12 years, 7 in fresh
water in NH and 5 in salt)