[C320-list] Temperature gauge

Jeffrey Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Wed Apr 4 11:29:34 PDT 2007

Most likely, the temp sensor unit on the engine has stopped working.   The
temp sensor is usually a small sender that screws into either the block or
some fitting inline in the cooling water system.  It typically has a single
wire connected to it.

You can test the gauge itself quite simply though.  Offhand, I don't recall
precisely which terminal to short out on the back of the gauge, but the guys
at Seaward should be able to tell you over the phone.

-Jeff