[C320-list] Stanchion Issue-Ideas?

Pat Moriarty patm at psiurethanes.com
Tue Apr 10 06:51:31 PDT 2007

I believe you are way off base. Try stainless not chrome and any good
TIG welder should be able to do the job. You need to remove it to
keep the mobile welder cost down or at least lift it from the boat so
you don't burn the boat down.

Pat  #130

At 08:04 AM 4/10/2007, you wrote:
>Sounds like you will need a welder.
>
>  Be sure he can weld chrome first then see if he can weld it with
> out completing removing the rail.  I would call a rigger and see
> who he recommends. By the way it is an art to welding chrome.
>
>There is nothing I know short of welding that will provide the
>repaired area with the strength that is required.
>
>Tony

Pat Moriarty
PSI Urethanes Inc
PH: 800-888-5156  Fax: 512-837-8733