[C320-list] Access to the Anchor Windlass

Delia Mace domace at picknowl.com.au
Fri Apr 13 05:34:43 PDT 2007

I am part way through replacing the anchor windlass foot switch.  I have
removed the timber in the front of the vee berth and I am confronted with a
flap of white fibre glass (about 12" x 18") in front of the windlass itself.
That flap has been removed in the photos on the technical gallery (Anchor
Windlass -
http://www.catalina320.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album32 ).
Can anyone tell me whether there any use for that flap and if I can safely
remove it?  (It sure looks to be useless!)

Owen Mace
Baloo, #727
Adelaide, Australia