[C320-list] Best way from NJ to NH

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Sun Apr 15 08:46:49 PDT 2007

OK, so far the consensus (thanks, Irv & Russ) is to go inside rather
than outside LI Sound.  Provides more safety and options.  That's what
I thought.

Yes, I buy and use Eldridges every year.  Wouldn't be without it.  My
father and I sailed from Barnegat, NJ to Milford, CT some (15-20) years
ago.  Couple that with my journey last year from Portsmouth, NH through
the Cape Cod Canal and I've done most of it; just have to connect the
dots in the middle, and refresh my memory.  I know Hell Gate tides can
be wicked.  Your input is much what I'm looking for, particularly with
regard to marinas, which you've covered.  While I said I've got 7 on
water days to do this (gotta work sometimes), I'll not be foolish; if
weather or other problems delay us, so be it.  Gotta be kind to the old
girl, as well.

Bob Seastream