[C320-list] Reefing

Dave Moores dmoores at cogeco.ca
Sat Apr 21 06:06:28 PDT 2007

No, this is not about the block in the boom!  Removed that years ago...

My problem is with the arrangement at the aft end of the boom.  The reefing
line comes out of the end of the boom, up to the reefing grommet in the
sail, and then back down and simply tied around the boom (I have a
loose-footed main).

This arrangement does not allow me to get the foot at all tight, and a full
sail sort-of defeats the object of reefing in the first place.

Can anyone describe a better arrangement and/or point me to pictures?  I'm
thinking a turning-block on the side of the boom may help ???

Dave Moores

Caliornia Girl #342