[C320-list] Reefing

Denny Browne dennybrowne at verizon.net
Sat Apr 21 06:32:32 PDT 2007

Instead of tying the reefing line off to the boom, I ran mine back down
through an empty scheave at the back end of the boom and put a stopper knot
in it. Thus the line running to the leach reefing cringle parallels itself
returning to the back of the boom. This sheave may be occupied by your boom
topping lift, which I've removed, but I seem to recall there may be four
sheaves back there. Must be, now that I think of it, because I think the
boom is built for at least two reefs.

Denny Browne
A Cappella #935
Redondo Beach