[C320-list] Speaker Wiring

Ken Danko sfca33 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 21 15:10:14 PDT 2007

I just rewired the stereo on Grace last month. I did not have to punch any
holes to get the speaker wire to the forward cabin. I found that, with a
screwdriver, I was able to remove a couple of plastic covered wood piece
that covers the place where you can hide the wire in the forward cabin. When
you remove this piece you will see that there is a space to run the wire
into the forward cabin. Remove the corresponding piece on the starboard side
to continue the wiring around to the main cabin. At the bow I had to remove
a couple of wood pieces, again with a screwdriver. All in all, it wasn't
much work and my wires are hidden.

Ken Danko
Grace, #802
San Francisco

>From: "Magnuson's Ragtime" <ragtime at gte.net>
>To: <c320-list at catalina320.com>
>Subject: [C320-list] Speaker Wiring
>Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:38:57 -0500
>
>I am installing a Stereo deck and fabricating speaker mountings to fit
>under the port and starboard shelves in the main cabin at the forward
>bulkhead.  Is there possibly a wiring chase that allows cross cabin wiring
>to avoid surface runs?  I can hide the speaker wire that runs to the port
>speaker, but the starboard speaker might get ugly. I am sure the factory
>has a nice clean way to do it. I can punch into the forward cabin and route
>around somehow, but I would hate to do that and then find a chase with a
>nice pull wire all ready installed. Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>Gary Magnuson # 205

Don’t quit your job – Take Classes Online and Earn your Degree in 1 year.
Start Today!
http://www.classesusa.com/clickcount.cfm?id=866146&goto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.classesusa.com%2Ffeaturedschools%2Fonlinedegreesmp%2Fform-dyn1.html%3Fsplovr%3D866144