[C320-list] Bottom paint sanding

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Wed Apr 25 12:50:52 PDT 2007

Chris,

I have the same problem and for those areas I use a 'green' scotch brite pad. I would recommend using Interlux 202 dewaxer on the bare areas instead of scuffing it up first. I have talked with Catalina and although they tell me 120 is okay on the bare vinylester, I try to use  the least abrasive method first (the Interlux) and then work my way up....

I've had this problem since I bought the boat--the dealer did a lousy job dewaxing and I've had bare spots ever since. I am either going to soda blast in the fall and do it right, or continue with the dewaxing routine until all the paint stays!

Regards,

Jon