[C320-list] R&R Medicine Cabinet

Stan ola7442000 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 17:52:52 PDT 2007

Hi All,

Just a note to let everyone know I'm back.  Probably didn't miss me but I'm
back anyway.  Splashed the boat almost three weeks ago at Lake Mead, NV..
My first order of business was to finish the job I started before I left
Lake Michigan.  I replaced the pump out hose from the deck to the tank.
Tank was pumped last Fall and it was surprisingly not a bad job.

My reason for this post is that I recall other people having problems
reinstalling the medicine cabinet because of the vented loops that are in
it.  I found that by drilling small holes in the hoses and attaching long
cords to them I could install the cabinet and then pull the hoses up through
the holes using the cord that was routed through the holes before the
cabinet was placed back into the wall.  It's a bit tougher and time
consuming than it sounds. I had to use a small screwdriver and needle nose
pliers to encourage the hoses back through the hole while keeping tension on
the cord.  It took about 15 minutes to get all four hoses back into the
cabinet.

The links will take you to the pictures.

http://www.catalina320.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=Medicine-Cabinet&id=DSC00576

http://www.catalina320.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=Medicine-Cabinet&id=DSC00575
Now I just have to finish cleaning the road grit and diesel stains from the
hull.  That's another story.

--
Stan
"Our Little Amusement"