[C320-list] Frozen lifeline turnbuckle

Fred Grimann fgrimann at vcc.ca
Mon Apr 30 17:59:14 PDT 2007

I used a Dremel tool with a thin cutting disc and sliced the nut on apposite sides. I heated the turn buckle with a propane torch; placed two vise grips on the stems and with the assistance from my wife I was able to rotate the turnbuckle. Re-chase threads with a die and tap (I know ..one side is left hand thread);  put on new marine grade nuts.
Or replace parts as required.

Fred Grimann
Catalina 320
"Tenacity"  #69

>>> jpmesa at aol.com 4/30/2007 1:56 PM >>>
  The forward bronze (1994) turnbuckle on my SS lifeline has frozen up. I've tried WD40, didn't work. I'll be trying Liquid Wrench sometime this week, but I wanted to see if anyone has a special way of breaking up some Electrolysis. Doesn't look to bad?! Thank you, John Holokai 2