[C320-list] Traveller

Quentin Murphy qmurphy at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 7 16:42:06 PDT 2007

My traveller now jambs nearly every time.  I try to reduce this be always
pulling in on the slack line when I let the traveller out.  What happens is:
the slack line comes partly off the sheave and jambs on the edge of this
wheel and a stainless steel post which is meant to stop the line coming off.
I've noticed newer 320's have a fully enclosed block design which would
appear to prevent this from happening.  So in my opinion, mine has a design
problem.  The boat is 2000, so it's 7 year's old and maybe the line has worn
thinner thus allowing it to slip past the sheave edge and these posts.  Does
anyone know if replacing the line or getting a slightly thicker line would
solve this annoying (and dangerous) problem.  It could be far less expensive
than replacing the traveler system that I know many of you have done.  But
I'm also aware there are many different models of travelers on our boats.

Quentin Murphy
Celtic Knot #667