[C320-list] Hump Hose - Was Aqualift Muffler - Water heater

allan.field at comcast.net allan.field at comcast.net
Thu Aug 30 14:56:17 PDT 2007

I have not yet done this project yet as it still is on the Good Intentions List.  However, I believe that the Aqua Lift Mufflers fail due to engine vibration transmitted from the engine through the lifting elbow, down the hose and to the muffler.  There is a device called a Hump Hose that fits between the muffler and the hose.  The intent is that the Hump Hose absorbs the vibration before reaching the muffler.  I also think that I remember seeing the Hump Hose in the WM catalogue.  I did take a picture of one installed on another boat and the picture is in the Sea Shadow album on the C320 website.  Does anyone have any experience with this yet?

The mixing elbow on Sea Shadow is about 6 years old now and probably about ready to change out this winter.  When I do so, I intend to install the Hump Hose at the same time.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - C320
Columbia, MD

From: jonvez at comcast.net