[C320-list] asymetric spinnaker or genneker

Thu Aug 9 20:38:58 PDT 2007

Denny,

Fully agree with you--no one should ever just ask the list for "what size
asym do you have"...have a sail maker come out to your boat, have him
watch how you sail, chat with him as to what type of sailing you want to
do with it---racing only, cruising only, club or buoy racing or a combo of
all of the above.

With his knowledge of local conditions, he will suggest what I consider
even more important than size (if that's possible!), cloth weight. That
can be so different from area to area and it can make a huge difference on
your customer/sailing  experience.

Don't take what might seem as an easy way out in asking the list and
expecting a "correct" answer...invest in some due diligence with a
reputable sail maker...

cl 3