[C320-list] asymetric spinnaker or genneker

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Fri Aug 10 09:28:14 PDT 2007

I have an asym from Cruising Direct, North Sails mail order division, with
snuffer and ATN tacker. I have used it several times while single handing.
Its easy to set, jibe and drop as long as the auto pilot is doing a good
job. With my wife or one of my kids on board its even easier.

Sometimes I only set the asym and leave the main in the cover, nice way to
cruise when you're not in a rush to get anywhere, which is how we sail more
and more these days of semi-retirement. With a clean bottom and the Kiwi
prop nicely feathered, I can make 5 kts or more this way and "auto" handles
it well.

Kirk
 Boomerang #124