[C320-list] New Boat

brucestanley brucestanley at optusnet.com.au
Sat Aug 11 19:20:27 PDT 2007

Hi Stephen
Firstly I am so pleased you have bought the new C320MarkII
I think they have genuinely improved it ... without really affecting its
costs.

What I want to say to you is that delivery is usually delayed ... this is
the same if it is a Bavaria or a Catalina ... and I am sure it is so with
the others ... a Hanse friend took months to get the Steering right ... it
was assemble the wrong way!... new boat blues ... but i am still happy I
worked through them.

I like the idea of the Auto Helm being added ... although I have never been
entirely happy with mine.
I am thinking of splashing out and going up to the 6000 model.
Regarding Chartplotters .... well I have been looking at the Garman 555 ...
I do not need Radar, nor a Fish finder.
I am still looking and not buying... yet. The larger Navpod (on the Helm)
costs $450 in Sydney.

One big thing we need is more water... the 193 litres is not enough ...
especially showering on the stern in the coming summer.
I would urge you to get Norm to ship out (inside the Cabin of your new
C320MkII) the 20gallon Water Tank (about 70 litres) for you to install at
your leisure. They cost $99US at WestMarine and US$86 at Defender.
WestMarine is free delivery in USA. It costs another US$100 FedEX delivery
to Sydney!!!!! So if you can get Norm to ship out anything like the
30"x16"x10" water tank ... you are saving bucks!

Every Best Wish
BruceS
Fantastic Lady C320 #1084/ Sydney