[C320-list] Questions

Pat Moriarty patm at psiurethanes.com
Tue Aug 14 12:49:38 PDT 2007

Darrel
I have a Maxwell with the chain gypsy and it moans to just pull up
10' of chain a Delta and 100' of rope. I have always wondered if it
is just that weak or is there something wrong with it. How strong
does your seem to be?

Pat #130 1994

At 10:02 AM 8/14/2007, you wrote:
>I have a 94 320, hull number 88. I am wondering if anyone has
>replaced the plastic light covers in the forward berth. Mine are
>both cracked an constantly falling off. I have not seen anything
>exactly the same at West Marine or local chandleries.
>Maybe  Catalina would be the best contact for a replacement. I am
>also looking for some grey paint to match the nonskid which has a
>few chips and is wearing thin in places. I know there were some
>emails earlier this spring about chain gypsies and I was wondering
>if anyone new or remembered if the chain gypsy rope combination was
>added to the stock Maxwell windlass and was it a Maxwell part. . I
>would like to add more chain, possibly up to 100 feet, is that to
>much weight in the bow? Lastly, I purchased a loose foot quantum
>composite main sail off another C320 owner last year but it was a
>little big for my existing sail cover and  the dutchman flaking
>lines didn't line with the way my sail cover was set up. We used it
>a couple of times and it worked great and is in excellent shape but
>I must admit we don't race much and ended up going back to the stock
>main for ease of using the cover. I paid $1000 for the sail which I
>am sure would be $2000 + to replace. I would except a reasonable
>offer and arrange for shipping if anyone is interested.
>
>Darrell

Pat Moriarty
PSI Urethanes Inc
PH: 800-888-5156  Fax: 512-837-8733