[C320-list] Bimini

David Gleason djgleason1 at juno.com
Sun Aug 5 20:59:17 PDT 2007

On Proud Mary, we had a local shop build the dodger and bimini.  In order
to have standing headroom, 5'8", we had the local sailmaker shorten the
leach of the mainsail by 8".    We possibly lost 5sq ft of sail area.
This area has had no effect on the windward performance of the boat.  If
the person raising the main does not take it all the way to the top, when
close hauled we have to be careful when tacking, as the boom will scratch
the bimini.  Be sure to mark your main halyard so the sail is hoisted ALL
the way to the top of the mast.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150