[C320-list] dripping raw water pump

Myron Welch myron-welch at uiowa.edu
Mon Aug 20 12:49:13 PDT 2007

I am having the same problem at times with my 1995 Perkins raw water
pump, minus the slat water build up since I sail on Lake Michigan.
If the seal can be changed, is that a DIY job or must the pump be
sent to a machine shop for seal replacement or rebuilding?  Does
anyone know the source and cost of a new pump?  Who would you
recommend for doing the work?

Thanks for your help.

Myron Welch
Wind instrument, #238
Iowa City Iowa

peter at peterbelsky.com wrote:

I am getting frequent drips from raw water pump (yanmar 3GM30F-YEU).
Also salt deposits are accumulating on engine block. Has anyone had
success just replacing the seal on the water pump, or is it better
bet to just replace the entire pump? It seems a rebuild kit cost the
same as a new pump.

Thanks for any insights...