[C320-list] Water Heater

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Wed Aug 22 09:15:31 PDT 2007

I had this problem on WindWalker II when the boat became about 4 years old.
The factory made the connection between the water heater and the Whale
fitting with high temp, wire reinforced rubber hose.  This hose, for me, was
very difficult to work with.  I tried to replace it with a new length but
the dam thing kept coming off the connection at the water heater.  I finally
gave up and went to the local hardware store and replaced it with brass
fittings and copper pipe.  No more problems.

I mentioned this the Gerry Douglas and he indicated that the factory was now
using this change.

What I did was to take the pieces to the hardware store and figured out what
to replace it with to "Hard wire" it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dick Walker