[C320-list] Water Heater

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Fri Aug 24 06:32:56 PDT 2007

Use radiator hose from an auto parts store.  If you drink the hot water, you
may consider getting some food grade high pressure high temperature hose
instead or marine hot water hose which can be used for drinking.  There is
no way radiator spec hose will just disintegrate.  Your Ace store must have
bad hose.  If the hose is coming off, as mine did 6 months after
commissioning, I found that the hose was barely long enough and cut at an
angle where it connects to the barb on the water heater.  I  made sure the
hose was cut straight at the barb end, pushed it over the entire bard and
retightened the hose clamp.  Since the barb is brass, I really cranked the
hose clamp tight and have had no problems the last 5 years.

Bob Sloat
Savannah Hull 894