[C320-list] Club Racing the C320

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Sun Aug 26 16:09:57 PDT 2007

I don't know about the newer or older boats, but on my 1999 boat there
is no need to recalibrate the tach when switching alternators.  That's
because on the Yanmar 3GM series of engines, the tachometer reading
comes from a sensor in the flywheel housing that counts the flywheel
teeth as they rotate past.  In these engines tachometer calibration has
nothing to do with the alternator.

Scott