[C320-list] Condensation in V-berth

allan.field at comcast.net allan.field at comcast.net
Thu Aug 30 15:02:17 PDT 2007

We had Nicro Solar Vents installed in the fore and mid hatches at delivery.  They run 24/7.  The one in the fore hatch brings air in while the one in the mid hatch takes air out.  This is accomplished very simply by installing the push-on fan blades one way or the other.  We have never had condensation inside the boat but we also use the Damp Rid bags, take wet towels and sponges home, dry out the sinks and wet vac the bilge when leaving (the A/C unit condensation runs into the bilge), and leave the heat pump in dehumidifier mode in the summer when not on the boat.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow- #808
Columbia, MD

From: jonvez at comcast.net