[C320-list] Water Heater ... Hatch leak

Lamar Desmond ldesmond at comcast.net
Fri Aug 31 22:07:34 PDT 2007

$40 + shipping for the 33' roll
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|6880|6881|320590&id=834176

Lamar

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com] On Behalf Of Scott Thompson
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 10:01 AM
To: C320-List
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Water Heater ... Hatch leak

The Bomar tape is definitely the way to go.  I struggled with this issue
  a few years ago, and found that I just couldn't get a good watertight seal
with caulks due to the sloppy job that Catalina had done fitting the hatch
at the factory.  The tape solved the problem and was easy to use.  It's
expensive when you buy it from Bomar, however.  I didn't know that the Bomar
tape was available anywhere else.  What did Defender charge you?  Were you
able to purchase less than the 30' that Bomar sells?