[C320-list] Water Heater ... Hatch leak

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Fri Aug 31 07:01:00 PDT 2007

The Bomar tape is definitely the way to go.  I struggled with this issue
  a few years ago, and found that I just couldn't get a good watertight
seal with caulks due to the sloppy job that Catalina had done fitting
the hatch at the factory.  The tape solved the problem and was easy to
use.  It's expensive when you buy it from Bomar, however.  I didn't know
that the Bomar tape was available anywhere else.  What did Defender
charge you?  Were you able to purchase less than the 30' that Bomar sells?