[C320-list] Kiwi Feathering Prop

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Sat Dec 1 13:30:43 PST 2007

Warren

All good points.

My H50 had already been rebuilt once, so I didn't want to go that way again.
The H100 is 7/8" longer. I replaced my old bronze shaft at the same time
with a shorter SS shaft. I was advised that the longer shaft would do well
but I wanted to replace it anyway. The shaft was about only about $300 from
a well know marine machine shop in Vancouver. A new bushing for the strut
and I'm in good shape.

There is actually a much longer story behind ZF and how they handled my
purchase, which was for another new H50. The new H50 lasted 30 minutes. ZF
flew in an H100 for free, did the install and even reimbursed my mechanic
for time he spent trouble shooting the failed H50. They did all this a no
cost to me and no questions asked. So I got a new H100 which I feel very
good about, for the price of an H50. I think they were aware of the new H50
would not do the job and didn't squabble at all.

Kirk