[C320-list] c320 list replies

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 20 09:22:55 PST 2007

My Outlook Express is configured to include the original message in a reply.  This results in unnecessarily repeating the entire contents of that Digest in the reply.  When the reply is included in the Digest, we Digest users have to scroll through a lot of junk to find the next message.

If your e-mail handler includes the original text please remove it before replying or at least keep only the text being replied to.  One way is to put your cursor in the message area, type <Ctrl-A> and start typing.  This selects all the original text and enters your reply.

When I reply to a thread, I copy the subject, click the "c320-list" link, type "Re: " then paste the copied subject.  This avoids unecessarily copying the entire digest content.

Thanks for your consideration.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River