[C320-list] New Catalina 320 Website

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Fri Dec 21 21:29:38 PST 2007

Hello All,

  It's been a long time since we've had any major (visible) changes to our
website.  Well, just in time for the holidays,  the new website is now
online, but at a new address temporarily.    Feel free to try things and let
me know what's broken.   I still have quite a list of things to do before
it's officially ready to open up.

http://www.catalina320.com/     is the new location.  (Note the change from
.ORG to .COM)

   Feel free to log into the new website (if you have an account already)
and browse around.  Let me know what you like and don't like.    Don't hold
back, especially if you have ideas about menu and/or content organization.
It's a lot easier to change things now than to reorganize later, so give me
both barrels!    There are still a bunch of things to be fixed, so as you
find bugs, let me know about them also and I'll pick them off as we go.
Especially, let me know if your web browser causes the site not to display
properly.  I've only tested under Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer
(versions 6 and 7).  I don't have access to Safari or some of the other
Apple Mac browsers.

   The new Reference Library section is built on a popular Wiki system for
those who know what that is.  For those who don't, it's a much simpler way
to create, organize and cross reference any kind of informational content.
We'll be using it for all the technical information, tips/tricks,
procedures, etc. that we've amassed over the years.   For an example, I put
in a short bit of demo content under the Engines section.

   Two other major new features I've added are the RESOURCES - -> DOCUMENTS
which is a brand new library system for storing documents for download
(which I'll open up shortly), and the online Forms processor which can be
seen for demonstration under the RESOURCES - -> LOANER TOOLBOX  menu
(although I have a couple things to fix there before it's ready also).

   There are a few recent additions that have been made to the old site
since I took a database snapshot and translated it to the new website, so
those items are not on the new site.  Let me know if something is missing
and I'll get those things migrated over as we go.

  I expect the new site to become permanent sometime in January with the old
website going away.

Happy Holidays!

-Jeff Hare