[C320-list] Hose Guard

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Sun Dec 30 06:51:12 PST 2007

While taking the boat apart (!) to get the Aqua Lift muffler replaced, I had
to get two hoses out of the way.  One comes off the heat exchanger and the
other off the mixing elbow.  Note that this is a Yanmar 3GM30F.  The hoses
exit the area behind the engine into the space where the water pump is
located.  There are 2 holes drilled for the hoses to pass through the
bulkhead between the 2 spaces.  Catalina installed 2 rubber plugs around the
holes to prevent chafing of the hoses.  The plugs are very high quality and
fit very well into these 2 holes.  The problem is that over time, the plugs
backed off and were no longer serving their purpose.  I intend to drill a
hole through the top of each plug then a small hole directly above the plugs
and through the bulkhead.  I then will run a wire tie through the hole in
the bulkhead and through the hole I drilled into plug and draw the wire tie
up tight.  That should keep the plugs in place.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD