[C320-list] A/C Cooling Water Restriction

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Sun Dec 30 07:35:09 PST 2007

I went to winterize for the first time yesterday and ran into a little
glitch with my Air Conditioner/ Heater. I tried to suck antifreeze through
the A/C heat exchanger and got not flow. I took the hose off the freshwater
pump outlet and found it to be pumping out nicely. I tried to blow into the
hose that goes on to the A/C heat exchanger and could not. I unscrewed the
lid on the A/C and found access very limited.

Interestingly, my dealer crew had the same problem the day of delivery. They
claimed it had frozen up the night before and said they fixed it by warming
the coils. That cannot be the problem now as it is 55 degrees and hasn't
been to freezing in weeks. My dealer is a long way away.

Any thoughts on likely clog points? Would applying air pressure make things
worse?

My A/C is 16,000 BTU I think and located in the starboard stern lazerette.

John Frost

2007 C320 MKII, Hull # 1118

Lake Guntesville, AL