[C320-list] Bluewater sailing

Jack Fitzgibbon chuters at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 1 20:29:54 PST 2007

We have sailed our 97 C320 #441 (wing keel) from West Palm Beach to Grand
Bahama Island. While not a Bermuda voyage, this trip was clearly out of site
of land for about 25 miles while making the 55 mile trip across the Gulf
Stream.  I was more impressed with the C320 on our return trip.  5 hours
into the crossing we encountered winds steady state at 19-20 gusting to
24-25 out of the NE in 5-7 ft seas, the boat handled exceptionally well. The
CE Class A rating is well deserved.   We are going again next June.