[C320-list] Bluewater sailing

Pat Tyler ptyler4 at sc.rr.com
Sun Dec 2 08:05:07 PST 2007

I have to agree with Bob that a full keel is a little better for offshore.
I've made the trip from Jacksonville, FL to Little River, SC several times
with once being in a friend boat with a full keel.  The boat does track
better which has it's advantages on a long passage.  That trip takes around
55 to 60 hours and the straighter the course the quicker.  Other than that
our 320's do a great job on those kind of trips where we get about 35 to 40
miles offshore.  Some bad weather is almost a given on a trip of that
duration.  Only once did we give up after getting beat up for a day and a
half and come in at Charleston.  Personally I perfer the storms at night
when they don't look so bad.  As far as I'm concerned our 320's handle the
seas and wind as well as any.
Pat