[C320-list] Bluewater sailing

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Sat Dec 8 04:12:34 PST 2007

Bob,

You asked precisely the right question.  In many situations a full keel
might be preferred.  The question really is, is a C320 adequate for the
intended passage and weather?  This is an individual opinion.  Remember the
guy who used to be a Cruising World editor who sailed around the world in a
Catalina 27?  I wouldn't do that, but he obviously made it.

I sailed my C320 510 miles across the Gulf of Mexico round trip and did not
feel as if I was taking any big risks because of the design or construction
of the boat.  I would have been more comfortable with a larger full keel
design, but that is not the boat I have.

Larry