[C320-list] Winterizing questions

Bruce Stumpp bstumpp at comcast.net
Mon Dec 17 13:37:01 PST 2007

Doug,

You can also attach a hose to the water heater outlet and use a wet/dry vac
to pull most of the remaining water out of the water heater.  If nothing
happens, try cracking the pressure relief valve to release the vacuum.  You
will be amazed how much water you pull from the tank after you think you
have drained it completely. It's important to drain as much water as
possible and get some antifreeze into the tank, mine split down the middle a
few years ago before I realized how much water is left in the tank.

Also, Karl Mielenhausen wrote an excellent article on winterizing in the
November, 2007 Mainsheet magazine.

Remember not to over tighten the screws on your cabinet when you reinstall
it or you will strip the fiberglass holes.

Bruce Stumpp
Adventure, #647
Frog Mortar Creek, MD