[C320-list] Raw Water Intake Thru-Hull

Bill Culbertson billculb_a2 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 14:21:53 PST 2007

Hi Mike,

No they are not supposed to have a screen covering the thru-hull outside the hull.  Some manufacturers do this and some do not.  I believe there is mixed opinion among experts on whether  this is a good idea.  The con viewpoint is roughly what do you do when such a screen clogs.  The strainer inside the boat is easily accessible (compared to outside the boat) for cleaning.  It can be a pain as you know first hand but could be worse of a pain outside.

 -bill
 Harmony #859