[C320-list] Raw water intake thru-hull

Gene Musante gmusante at msn.com
Tue Dec 18 06:58:03 PST 2007

I check my raw water strainer every time I go out.  Seems like warmer water temperatures are causing more marine growth, especially late in the New England season. (August-October)

Last year, I had a severe weed clog in the thru-hull fitting that caused complete blockage.  I was able to clear the clog by removing the hose from the thru hull and rotating a couple of tie wraps through the fitting until the sea weed cleared.  Beats having to get into cold water and work from below.Gene Musante  617-755-0680  gmusante at msn.com