[C320-list] Aqua Lift Muffler

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Mon Dec 31 06:05:02 PST 2007

Allan,

Glad to hear it went well. I had replaced the hose between engine and
muffler last summer when cleaning out the exhaust elbow. My plan was to put
a hump hose in as well. Unfortunately the diameter of the hose for my boat
was 1 5/8" (another 'production standard' argh!!). I called Trident directly
and talked with an tech engineer who confirmed that 2" is the smallest they
make. I firmly believe that a hump hose will go a long way in preserving the
failure of the muffler as those Yanmars like to rumble! For those
considering adding one, check the hose diameter for your engine--I have hull
#582 with a 3GM30F. This also means the inlets and outlets from the muffler
will be different diameters depending on the hull number....