[C320-list] Frustrated with the Dutchman system

K L sfca33 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 19 08:38:52 PST 2007

I spent about two hours yesterday trying, unsuccessfully,  to adjust my
Dutchman system so that there wasn’t any twist in the topping lift. Last
year I even spent more time, I even took the whole thing apart and laid it
out on the dock. My experience is that no matter what you do the twisting
returns. This is very frustrating and makes me want to switch to lazy jacks
which I had on a C 30.

My question is this: has anyone changed the block on the Dutchman to one
that swivels? I keep looking at the twisted line and wondering why it didn’t
come with a swivel block. Has anyone switched the block and found that it
helped. Maybe it would just make things worse?

Thanks for your advice,
Ken Danko
Grace, #802

Want a degree but can't afford to quit? Top school degrees online - in as
fast as 1 year
http://forms.nextag.com/goto.jsp?url=/serv/main/buyer/education.jsp?doSearch=n&tm=y&search=education_text_links_88_h288c&s=4079&p=5116