[C320-list] ease of starting

Jim DeLong jdelong3 at neo.rr.com
Fri Feb 23 06:11:01 PST 2007

Question on starting the Yanmar engine.

If I leave the boat for a few days, it seems it is hard to start. Maybe takes 5 or 6 trys. Then I get a ton of white smoke then it settles down and runs like a charm.

Starting again later in the day is no problem. Starts immediately on the first try and runs great.

I think I'm dumping fuel into the system when I first try resulting in the smoke when it finally starts. Maybe I have the RPM's too high?

The temp overnight here has been in the 40's.

How do I get this thing started when it is cold?

Jim DeLong #453