[C320-list] Bottom Prep question

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Wed Feb 28 04:32:45 PST 2007

When my boat was commissioned the broker did a lousy job of prepping the hull for bottom paint. I've been struggling with this ever since. The most frustrating part is when putting a new coat on, the old paint comes off with the roller.
There has been discussion recently around Vinylester and its properties (I have a hull with Vinylester) and I would appreciate some input on a paint removal system I found at the New England boat show and if anyone is familiar with them. They use a volcanic ash type media with hot water--it is a 'green company', but I am concerned with creating a more significant problem in trying to fix the bottom paint problem (compromising the hull). I will be calling Catalina to get there input, but wanted to see if anyone else had any insight. The company is the Farrow System and can be found at www.stripitclean.com

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Jon Vez