[C320-list] Needed - tips for replacing head and holding tank hoses

K L sfca33 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 1 09:01:58 PST 2007

Larry:

>From your post it wasn't clear if you were changing hoses and head or just
hoses. If you are changing the head I highly recommend upgrading to a
Raritan, it is well worth the extra money. I posted photos on the 320 web
site.

The output hoses are the expensive ones and all of those are in plain sight
and can easily be measured. One option you have if to remove all of those
and measure them before buying the replacements. The input hoses are less
expensive and much harder to measure without taking them out. With some
effort you can run a tape measure from one end you can see to another you
can see. This will get you a pretty accurate measure. But since these are
reasonably inexpensive you can add a couple of feet to your purchase order
without much concern.

I would recommend that you have someone there to help when you remove the
old hoses. While one person can do the job, having two sets of hands makes
the job much easier.

Last piece of advice is to have a hair dryer handy. Warming the hoses makes
it much easier to install and remove to/from the fittings.

Ken Danko
#802  Grace

>From: "WindSwept" <c320_windswept at sbcglobal.net>
>To: "'C320-List'" <C320-List at catalina320.com>
>Subject: [C320-list] Needed - tips for replacing head and holding tank
>hoses
>Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 08:33:50 -0600
>
>I have to do this task soon.  Realizing the potential unpleasant nature of
>the project, I wanted to find out what others experiences have been.  I am
>especially interested in any tips for making the job go smoothly.
>
>A specific question I have is how much of the 11/2 inch diameter hose is
>required.  Its difficult to measure in advance since much of it is hidden.
>I don't want to start the job until I am certain I have the supplies
>necessary for reassembly.  However considering the cost of the hose I don't
>want to buy a lot more than I need.
>
>Larry
>WindSwept C320 #246

Spaces