[C320-list] Frustrated with the Dutchman system

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 19 15:31:26 PST 2007

Ken, I, too, had the same problem.  No matter how I rove the topping lift in the mast to remove the twist, it was always there.  Then it occured to me that the connection of the Dutchman line to the topping lift should be a swivel block -- Duh!! -- Why didn't I think of this before?  Why didn't Catalina think of it for me.  I think the block cost about $13.  Problem solved.

Also, if your Dutchman line is stiff and holds it's mounted shape, it might perform better if you replaced it with new.

I wish all my boat issues were as simple to solve.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay