[C320-list] Frustrated with the Dutchman system

Bill Culbertson billculb_a2 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 10:07:57 PST 2007

Hi Ken,

I do as Jeff describes with the same results.  Takes me 3 - 4 tries each spring too.

It may not be obvious, but when you have the topping lift down and are intentionally pre-twisting the opposite rotation into the topping lift line to counteract what will happen when it's hoisted aloft, you'll actually be putting visible twists into the line.  It may even try to kink if you have more then a few to make.  But rest assured, once you hoist it whatever the line is trying to do on its own will be undone by these pre-twists and you'll end up with an untwisted result.

This process is even mentioned in the Dutchman manual I think.

 -bill